Write a 1-2 page critique of 1 of the readings listed below:
– Appeal by David Walker
– Narrative In Life of Frederick Douglas
– Incidents in the life of a slave girl
– 12 years a slave (movie)
1. Who is the author?
2. What were the TWO media pathways the author was using for his message?
3. Did the authors message pave the way for a movement of social justice? What was the movement?
4. What audience does the author seek to reach? Does the author seek to persuade or dissuade?
5. Is the authors argument still being used today to help people organize, analyse and build bridges of change for the future?